Varanasi is one of the ancient seats of learning in India and situated between Delhi and Kolkata at a bend of the sacred Ganges River. Home to some of the most ancient and revered monasteries in the world, Varanasi is the place where scholars still come to learn the ancient knowledge of the Asi GhatVedas and debate on nature of God. For over 2,000 years it has been the religious capital of India, more revered and sacred than all the other places of pilgrimage put together. Hindus believe that to die in Varanasi is to be forgiven every sin, receive instant enlightenment and immediately be admitted to heaven, no matter who or what you are. As a result the elderly flock here to end their days, and cremation of the their life on the ghats.
Varanasi was the focal point of the 15th century revivalist Hindu Bhakti (devotional) movement under saints like Ramananda and Kabir. Kabir, the son of a Muslim weaver, was venerated both by Muslims and Hindus. There is a story about the tussle between the two communities on his last rites. According to popular legend, his body turned into a heap of flowers, and was divided into two for burial by the Muslims and cremation by the Hindus. The poet-saint Tulsidas also lived here, and translated the epic Ramayana from Sanskrit to Hindi.
Why Choose Us :
- We have competitive hotel rates.
- We cover India, Nepal, Bhutan and Tibet.
- The team consists of 70 + multi-linguists.
- We are operational round the clock 24 x 7.
- Nakshatra Travels is always at your service.
- Nakshatra Travels is a leader in the Indian travel industry.
- We provide personalized and friendly which results in repeated visits.
- We speak English, French, Spanish apart than other Indian languages.
We Provide :
- Group tours
- Train tickets
- Guided tours
- Tailor-made tours
- Car & Coach rentals
- Any other travel related services